The 2013 Indy VRC was a great success with 48 Marion County high school and 40 middle school teams participating. It was also the inaugural year for the STEM Education Fair with activities for the whole family to enjoy. If you missed the action, check out the video below and view the full 2013 IndyVRC Awards List.
2013 IndyVRC Outcomes
- Grew the high school competition to 48 teams (increased from 36 in 2012)
- Enabled 12 high schools to start robotics programs
- Enabled 36 high school teams to continue growing
- Initiated the middle school competition with 40 teams
- Enabled 40 middle schools to begin robotics programs
- Secured sponsorship for every high school and middle school to participate
- Raised $140,000 from STEM stakeholders and community partners in Indianapolis
- Excellence award winner received a spot to compete at world, national and state championships along with $40,000 scholarships to the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Increased event promotion and public awareness of STEM initiatives and resulted in 12 pieces of positive media including:
- Hosted nearly 3,000 attendees at the event
- Started a STEM Fair that offered over 30 booths of interactive activities for the public including displays from the IMPD bomb squad robot, solar car from Purdue University, race car from Chip Ganassi Racing, and DNA bracelets from Roche Diagnostics.